Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Solid Bettie

Lately I've been playing A LOT of Metal Gear. In the past month and a half I bought Metal Gear (NES); Metal Gear Solid (PS1); Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions (PS1); Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2); Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2); Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2); Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2); and Metal Gead AC!D (PSP)

I completed MGS (Twice) and MGS2:SOL. I began Metal Gear for the MSX on the MGS3: Subsistence second disc. and play VR Missions whenever I get the urge to play MGS.

This Bettie (err... "Raccoon Girl") piece is inspired by the North American release cover for MGS2:SOL. It's a tribute to Metal Gear's 25th anniversary AND Halloween.

I love the way I made Raccoon Girl's eyes and since she has to be stealth, instead of a tail, her rings are around her leg. This is also a peek at a project I'm working with my good friend Barrie for RazBarrie Studio.



"project peach: bettie"
Adobe Illustrator CS4
Inspired by: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
(2001)
October2012
















This is the original North American box art for MGS2:SOL that inspired my color choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment