Saturday, April 7, 2012

Archiving






The past month, I've been archiving all of my art work. This mean any loose pages; all of my sketchbooks; paintings; sculptures; notes; if I meant for it to be art work it's been photographed of scanned.
Another part to my archiving process is dating it. Most of my loose stuff is almost impossible to date to the exact day or month, same goes for my sketchbooks so these are archived by year. BUT my digital work is dated by month and year so that's good news.
While going through this process I have gone through a lot of old drawing with characters that I still like and some that I don't remember very well. There's cameo drawings and collaboration work too. This past week has been spring break and it's really helped with the process.
...Unfortunately I was supposed to be shooting photos for my Color Photo II class, Finish a drawing for Drawing class, finish my Spanish homework and writing a three page report on an art piece for my Modern Art history class.
My girlfriend says that it's because of my Modern Art History class that I got into this archiving madness, and she's right. Watching films about Picasso, Manet, and Degas and how much information and sketches they have on these guys is impressive. with our technology today there's no excuse why I shouldn't have my work archived. Heck even she got the bug, She's starting to archive all of her photography work.
Archiving is really good for any artist. I found some work that I want to "George Lucas" (redo) myself or that I'd like to see vectorized today.








 
My first set of paperback sketchbooks. 





 
 Collaboration piece by Raz Holly, Shao, Barrie Punsalan, and Michael Simpson
1998





  
Design notes for "Motoretta" t-shirts on torn card stock.
 2007




No comments:

Post a Comment