Thursday, April 19, 2012

echo base are belong to us






I don't know why, but I've been on a Star Wars kick. It doesn't help that my girlfriend has also gotten into the same kick as me. Don't get me wrong, I think it's the best space opera ever created by a human brain. and it's super cool that my girlfriend enjoys it as much as me, but this just came out of nowhere.

I haven't done fan arts in a while so I decided to do a piece with the characters from "A New Hope" (which isn't finished yet) I haven't figured out a background yet. I moved on to vectorize a bunch of light sabers and make a chart type of design, but again, i'm just not happy with the end result so far, plus I couldn't get this other idea out of my head...

I couldn't wait to make a piece for "The Empire Strikes Back." I just went for it. I made it semi mid-century style. I love the snowspeeders and the AT-AT Imperial Walkers, so i made this diptych of the two sides about to clash. I think it came out great. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do. I also can't wait to make this into a framed piece cause it deserves it!


"Echo Base Are Belong To Us"
Adobe Illustrator CS3
Inspired by: Star Wars / May Blair
4/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment